DOLPHINS – CRUISES – FISHING – WATERSPORTS
Located in the Shire of Shark Bay. Approximately 46km east of Denham and 800km north of Perth.
Approximately 5km of ocean frontage. Aquaculture lease area of 400 hectares – aqua culture licence for oysters, clams and sponges.
Park home concept plan including motel.
Zoned special use No. 5 under the Shire of Shark Bay Local Planning Scheme No. 3 as per government gazette dated 20.01.12.
Permitted land uses include:
Tavern, Caravan Park, Service Station, Arts and Crafts Centre, Short Term Accommodation, Exhibition Centre, Staff Accommodation.
– All other land uses would require an Amendment to the Scheme (ie Rezoning)
– Development of the site to be in accordance with an approved ODP (Endorsed by WAPC)
– No services (water, sewage, power) are currently provided to the site
– Subject land is located in Shark Bay World Heritage Property area (strategic plan 2008-2020)
The concept plan has been based on the permitted uses applicable to the site under the Shire of Shark Bay’s local planning framework.
The site is zoned ‘Special Use’ (SU5) under the current Shire of Shark Bay Local Planning Scheme No. 3 (LPS3).
The Shire has also recently advertised a Draft Local Planning Scheme No. 4 (LPS4) for public comment, however, this has yet to be formally adopted and gazetted by the Shire of Shark Bay.
Subject to approval of the draft Shire planning scheme No. 4, the following uses may apply:
– One single dwelling and ancillary structures (per lot)
– Camping ground
– Caravan park
– Caretakers dwelling (maximum of one)
– Car park
– Exhibition centre
– Holiday accommodation
– Service station
– Short term accommodation
– Workforce accommodation
– Park home park
– Tourist office
– Reception centre
– Waste disposal facility
– Waste storage facility
– Associated uses, infrastructure and services as approved by the local government
Entry point to Denham and Monkey Mia. Airstrip in the vicinity.
More detailed information or inspection can be arranged by contacting John Garland on 0418 923 347.
Disclaimer: Garland International gives no warranty as to the accuracy of the information herein contained and shall not be liable for any loss, liability, damages, costs or injury suffered or incurred by any person or organisation in consequence of or resulting directly or indirectly from reliance on this report.